Please note that Lent and Easter masses, services and events at St Paul’s Church are subject to change. Please keep up date by reading the regular weekly parish post and newsletter.
Click to see content.
- Lent introduction -> Lent
- St Paul’s Parish: -> Lent, -> Easter
- St Alban’s Parish: -> Lent, -> Easter
Touching on Lent being the season for truth-telling and repentance. Vinita Hampton Wright asks, is 40 days time enough for us to know our truth and speak it? Is Lent long enough for our slow understanding; is it deep enough for our bottomless want? The good news is-yes! It is enough. You can see more by going online to view the video talk -> https://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-resources/liturgical-year/lent/perspectives-on-lent/videos/is-lent-enough/
Devotional Daily Readings, Prayers, and Reflections for Lent -> https://newsletters.christianity.com/direct-easter-lent-prayer-devotional/
The Pope’s message for Lent 2022: -> Lent: a Time for Renewing Faith, Hope and Love
Guidance and relections from the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of England and Wales -> CBCEW Lent
St Paul’s Parish – Lent 2022
Below are the various parish activities over Lent.
First week of Lent
- Sunday Mass, Sun 6th March at 10am: In person and streamed over Facebook Live
- CAFOD Family Fast Day, Fri 11th March -> CAFOD Family Fast Day
Second week of Lent
- Sunday Mass, Sun 13th March, 10am: In person and streamed over Facebook Live.
Third week of Lent
- Sunday Mass, Sun 20th March, 10am: In person and streamed over Facebook Live.
Fourth week of Lent
- Sunday Mass, Sun 27th March, 10am: In person and streamed over Facebook Live.
Fifth week of Lent
- Sunday Mass, Sat 2nd April, 10am: In person and streamed over Facebook Live.
St Paul’s Parish – Holy Week and Easter 2022
Parish Easter cards -> St Paul’s Easter card v1 Mar22 Tess and -> St Paul’s Easter card v1 Mar22 Jacob. Some of the pictures drawn by those attending St Paul’s Primary School are on the church noticeboard -> St Paul’s Primary School pictures
All Holy Week services can be attended in person or virtually via Facebook Live.
Passion Sunday (Palm Sunday)
- St Alban’s Church, Saturday 9th April at 6:30pm: Those on the Confirmation programme will lead this Palm Sunday Vigil Mass.
- St Paul’s Church, Sunday 10th April at 10am: Sunday morning Mass celebrates the arrival of Jesus into Jerusalem, and the start of Passiontide. Please collect a small palm crosses on entering church. For those joining the Mass on Facebook Live you may wish to use your palm cross from a previous year.
- St Alban’s Church, Monday 11th April at 7pm: Penitential Mass
- St Paul’s Church, Tuesday 12th April at 7.30pm: A Mass of reconciliation and reflection.
- St Paul’s Church, Thursday 14th April at 8pm: At the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, we are invited to eat and drink at the Lord’s table, and know too that we are called to lives of service to our brothers and sisters. At this Mass, the Chrism Oils used in Baptism, Confirmation, and Anointing of the Sick are presented. This Mass includes the ritual washing of feet, and the recommissioning of Eucharistic Ministers. And then the Adoration of the Faithful before the Blessed Sacrament, ending at 10:00pm with the Night Prayer.
- St Gregory’s, Bollington, Friday 15th April at 7.30pm. Those on the Confirmation Programme will lead the Stations of the Cross.
- St Paul’s Church, Friday 15th April, at 3pm: The Solemn Celebration of the Lord’s Passion and Death.
The Easter Vigil
- St Paul’s Church, Saturday 16th April, at 8pm.
In the darkness, the new light shines as Christ is risen.
Easter Sunday Morning
- St Paul’s Church, Sunday 17th April, at 10am.
Parish Family Mass for Easter.
St Alban’s Parish – Lent 2022
Additional information on Lent and its meaning can be found -> St Alban’s web site.
St Alban’s Parish – Holy Week and Easter 2022
Click here for information on Easter activities at St Alban’s Macclesfield -> St Alban’s web site.
[26 Mar 2022]