18th December 2021 – Current updates for Places of Worship are available on the websites below:
- GOV UK -> See web site -> Covid-19:
- The Catholic Church Bishops’ Conference of England And Wales: see document -> CBCEW Guidance 2Jan22. See web site-> Guidance for Communal Worship during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Sunday Mass Booking and weekday Word & Communion
- No need to book a seat: to attend Wednesday Mass, the monthly Saturday Vigil Mass. Sunday Mass or any Word and Communion service.
- No imposed social distancing
- Please wrap up warmly as the church windows will be open to provide maximum ventilation.
Background information: -> St Paul’s: Health and Safety, Coronavirus. This includes a sheet of personal prayers for when Mass cannot be celebrated publicly.
Events and activities at St Paul’s Church: Detailed information on the availability of events and activities at St Paul’s Church are listed below. This is updated frequently.
Live and recorded streaming services. You can view recordings and live scheduled Masses and services in local churches and the Vatican:
- St Paul’s, Poynton -> St Paul’s Facebook Live (morning Mass on Wednesday and Sunday)
- St. Alban’s, Macclesfield -> Live stream
- St Peter’s, Hazel Group -> Live stream
- Shrewsbury Cathedral -> Live stream
- The Vatican: schedule -> The Vatican’s Worldwide Telecasts
A full list is of Catholic churches using live streaming -> CBCEW Catholic Mass online
- Relevant prayers and reflections are at -> CBCEW prayers and reflections
Please note this information below may change frequently.
Notes: arrangements for acts of worship and other sacramental matters are currently constrained by:
- UK Government legislation -> Living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19.
- CBCEW guidelines and downloads -> CBCEW advice
- Diocese of Shrewsbury guidelines.
- St Paul’s supported worship activities. See newsletters and sidebar for the current position -> Home page
Current status of events and activities in St Paul's parish
|Event or activity||Status||
|Covid-19 measures||The Liturgy Group monitors advice from UK Government, Catholic Bishop's Conference of England and Wales, Diocese and Shrewsbury, NHS and Cheshire East Council.||Within the constraints placed by advice, the Liturgy Group aims to return to normal arrangements as soon as it is safe to do so.|
|Regular events and activities|
|Opening of St Paul's Church for Individual Prayer||Arrangements are being investigated and considered.||Opening of churches for individual prayer is allowed under Covid-19 measures, but such opening requires significant measures and volunteer support to be put in place.|
|Weekend Mass: Saturday Vigil 6:30pm||Held every second Saturday of the month. Check details in the newsletter..||More volunteers needed to hold this Mass every Saturday evening.|
|Weekend Mass: Sunday 10am.||9:45am for 10am Sunday Mass. The Mass is also available for viewing on Facebook Live,||Details of Facebook Live are on this website and in the weekly newsletter.|
|Weekday mass 9:30am on Wednesday||The Mass is also available for viewing on Facebook Live,|
|Word Communion services at on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday||On Mondays and Fridays at 9:30am. This is in addition to Morning Prayers and Mass which takes place each Wednesday morning at 9:15am.|
|Little Church (as part of 10am Mass)||Cancelled until further notice.||Will recommence when volunteers are available, and Little Church can safely meet in the presbtery conservatory.|
|Choir rehearsal||The choir rehearsal is now on Tuesday evening.|
|Baptism||Available by arrangement.||Contact the parish office for details of arrangements and constraints for baptisms. See notes above.|
|Marriages||Available by arrangement.||Contact the parish office for details of arrangements and constraints on marriages. See notes above.|
|Confessions||Not available yet at St Paul's Church.||May be available at other local parishes if they have suitable facilities. Contact the parish office for details of arrangements and constraints for funerals. See notes above.|
|Sacrament of the Sick (often called Last Rites)||No pastoral visits to those who are self-isolating until the isolation period ends.||Contact the parish office for details of arrangements and constraints for sacraments of the sick. See notes above.|
|Funeral services and Requiem Masses||Available by arrangement.||Contact the parish office for details of arrangements and constraints for funerals. See notes above.|
|Confirmation programme||This programme is being run.|
|Eucharistic ministers visits to provide communion to those in care homes and home bound||Restarting pastoral visits is being planned.||Will recommence when they can be safely held, and sufficient volunteer support is available..|
|Friendship and Bereavement Group||This has recommenced. Contact the parish office for details.|
|Coffee clubs held in the presbytery||No longer available||Will recommence when it can be safely held.|
|Parish office||Parish office contacts by post, email and telephone will be handled. Non-essential personal visits to the parish office are undesirable.||Usual access will recommence when it can be safely provided.|
|Liturgy Group||Will continue to meet, using Zoom.|
[25 Jun 22]