Parish newsletter -> 31st Sun Ord Time Yr A vol 2- Sun 5th Nov 23
Wednesday Word: this sheet is updated each week as an informative sheet for families to read through. Wednesday Word is available online from: Wednesday Word:
This week -> Wednesday Word
Next week -> Wednesday Word
Mass intentions and newsletter items: If you wish to book a Mass Intention or submit a newsletter item, please contact the parish office via email, the parish mobile or place a note through the presbytery door. Parish office staff work remotely, voicemails left on the parish landline are listened to daily and responded to asap (during working hours).
St. Paul’s November All Souls Mass: Tues 8th Nov 2022 at 7.30pm. We have a book of Remembrance at the back of church for you to enter the names of the bereaved who you may wish to be remembered at the service. If you cannot get to church, please email names to Alma Haughian (contact details are in the newsletter).
Next week and Coming soon
Matters of interest
Catholic Union: This is a membership organisation dedicated to the defence of Catholic values in Parliament and public life, and the promotion of the common good -> Catholic Union and has circulated a recent parish briefing -> Catholic Union Parish Briefing. The Catholic Union produce Weekly Briefings on matters of current concern-> Weekly Briefings
Roadworks: Roadwork Notices: keep up to date on the plans for major / minor roadworks. Cheshire East roadworks are listed at one.network ; the “next two weeks” option gives an early warning of expected work. Some information is also on Cheshire East Highways. There are closures of roads in Poynton over September that may affect your travel to church.
Christian Teachers Connect: You are invited to a “Christian Teachers Connect” evening at the TFW church (Tytherington Family Worship Church ) on Wenesday 8th Nov -> Christian Teachers Connect (002) attachment poster. More details of the TFW church -> TFW Church web site
On the liturgical Memoria of Saint Francis of Assisi, the Holy Father published an Apostolic Exhortation following his Encyclical Letter “Laudato Si.” -> Climate Crisis
The Synod on Synodality began its first monthlong meeting in Rome in the silence of retreat and has subsequently adopted silence in media communication. Pope Francis’ Opening Address at the Synod: -> Synodal journey greeting.
- For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation, Mission: A three-year ‘synodal’ process is taking place in the Catholic Church that culminates in two Synodal gatherings in Rome in October 2023 and a year later in 2024. The overall theme is “For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation, Mission”. See CBCEW Synodical Church
- Instrumentum laboris calls for welcoming Church that embraces diversity: The General Secretariat of the Synod publishes the “Instrumentum laboris”, the document that will guide the work of the two-part General Assembly that will meet in Rome in October 2023 and October 2024 -> CBCEW briefing
Letter: General Assembly to the People of God: The Church must listen to everyone -> Synod letter 25 Oct 2023
Diocese of Shrewsbury
Loudfence: LOUDfence is a community activity of solidarity and support with abuse and survivors. Empowering parishioners and enabling them to be part of the solution by giving the avenue to express their feelings. Details of LOUDfence prayers event, organisaed by the Diocese with Mass held at Holy Apostles and Martyrs Parish in Wallasey on Tues 14th Nov -> Oct 2023 LOUDfence prayers (002) Oct 2023. More details about LOUDfence -> Shrewsbury Diocese 2023 LOUDfence oct 23 and LOUDfence web site.
The Holy Land Pilgrimage: 8th – 15th February, 2024. Led by Bishop Mark Davies -> Shrewsbury diocesan Holy Land Pilgrimage 2024
Director of Property: Diocese Vacancy. Further details online: Latest vacancies. Completed applications to email@example.com by 10 November 2023. full details -> Property-Director-pack-October-2023
St Paul’s Church – Mass and prayers
Please note that hand sanitising when entering and leaving church is still available, as well as after you have received communion. Please also note that face coverings are no longer a requirement. We hope to relax other Covid-19 precautions soon depending on advice and local Covid-19 levels.
Vigil Mass, 6:30pm, usually on the second Saturday of each month:
- In-person Mass: Church opens at 6:00pm for confessions, followed by Mass at 6:30pm.
Sunday Mass, 10am:
- In-person Mass: Church opens at 9:45am for Mass at 10am.
- To join us the Mass virtually please go online to -> Streamed Mass.
- If there is a baptism at the end of Mass please leave the church in a timely manner so that the baptism can start on time.
Wednesday Mass, 9:30am: Morning Prayers at are 9.15am and Mass is at 9.30am. Both are available for in-person attendance and streaming using Facebook Live -> Facebook Live or in the Facebook App search for “Mass at St Paul’s RC Church” To join us the Mass virtually please go online to: Streamed Mass.
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Anyone wishing to receive the sacrament needs to telephone either Fr Peter or Fr Paschal directly at St. Alban’s Parish Office on 01625 423 446 to book an appointment. The sacrament will be held outside, in a private place and physically distanced for safety reasons.
Mass intentions: Please contact the St Paul’s parish office with any queries or requests for Mass intentions.
Our parish receives no outside day to day funding; the parish relies completely on your generosity.
Please consider donating to support us by donating to the offertory collection. If you regularly give you can register for Planned Giving Offertory Envelopes. Or request a Standing Order form from the office Tel: 07783235145 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information -> Donations and Standing Order details including the new form -> POY Covenant Standing Order Form updated Feb 23 Or Donate online: -> Online giving Perhaps you may like to consider remembering our parish in your will. Gift aid: you may gift aid your donations -> Gift Aid details
St Paul’s – General information
Parish newsletter: If you know of anyone who would like a copy of the newsletter via email please ask them to register their details on the parish database. This can be done by using the online registration form -> Parish database
Covid-19: aligned with other local relaxations and advice from CBCEW and the Diocese of Shrewsbury:
- Parishioners should retain whatever preventative measures they feel they need for their safety.
- Face coverings will no longer be required during the Masses and services at St Paul’s, and will not be required during distribution of Holy Communion.
- Distribution of Holy Communion will be the host only at this time.
- The sign of peace will continue to be an acknowledgement by a bow or hand wave.
- Both hand sanitisers and facemasks will be available in church, and good ventilation will continue by keeping open the church’s windows and doors.
News: Key pages on the parish website so that you can keep up to date with parish matters are:
- the home page -> www.stpaulspoynton.org.uk which will have posts of any latest news and newsletters
- the coronavirus update page -> Coronavirus update
- the coronavirus information page -> Coronavirus information.
- Covid-19, Ways to Giving & Getting Help document from St. Albans website -> Giving & Getting Help
- Local Covid-19 levels -> Cheshire East Covid-19 figures
Queries: If you have any urgent queries, please contact the parish office by email or telephone. At this time the office is working reduced hours from home focusing on calls, emails and the weekly newsletter – the parish office team hope you are finding the newsletters informative and interesting.
St Alban’s parish
You can join St. Albans for their live streamed services and keep up to date with St Alban’s news on their website -> St Alban’s website. Key activities are also listed in the St Paul’s newsletter.
Churches Together in Macclesfield and Bollington -> Hope in North East Cheshire
St Paul’s Primary School
All Hallows Catholic College
Sacred Heart, Whaley Bridge
The Sacred Heart parish wants to employ a parish secretary. More details -> Parish-Secretary-Job-Spec-2023 Parish of the Sacred Heart Whaley Bridge